Spring Maintenance - the Time is now!
Download our March newsletter spring home maintenance checklist HERE. Sign-up below to receive our monthly e-newsletter!
Spring is nature's season of renewal and it's your opportunity to renew your familiatrity with your home's exterior and maintenance systems. Our winters can be quite unforgiving on a home's natural materials; give everything a once-over and repair when necessary, so you can prevent a minor problem from growing to a major headache later.
Beautiful spring landscaping can be seen all around Louisville. Need help in your yard? We have plenty of referals for lawncare and landscaping!
- Clear debris from gutters.
- Clean a clear pathway for your downspouts and eavestroughs to drain away from your home.
- Clean all balcony/terrace and window ledge surfaces from winter debris
- Fertilize your lawn and rake up winter debris.
- Lubricate hinges and locks.
- Have a qualified roof contractor examine roof shingles and flashing. If any have been lost or damaged during winter season.
- Check all silicone sealants around bathtubs, showers and sinks. Resesal if cracked and peeling.
- Check all cabinet doors and drawer hinges for proper alignment. Tighten and adjust as necessary.
- Inspect grout and caulking on tiled surfaces. Re-grout or caulk if any spots are loose or missing.
- Check all lighting fixtures for any burnt out bulbs and replace as necessary.
Heating & Ventilation
- Clean and inspect bathroom and laundry exhaust fans from dust build up.
- Replace furnace filter (be sure to mark the date on the filter as a reminder for when to change it next).
- Clean laundry lint traps.
Sign-up below to receive our monthly e-newsletters!